Collecting information about you
We collect different types of information about website users for four main reasons:
1. To personalise the content of the website for individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the website.
3. To advertise on the website.
4. With user consent, to market services to individual users.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
– we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
– we ensure that when we outsource any processes, the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from OnMaths and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing.
We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about the website, for example, to offer rewards to users.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
6. Where we or our service providers transfer data out of the European Economic Area (EEA) this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by UK law being in place.
Sharing your information with us and others
When you first access the website, you will be presented with a Facebook permissions page, which will advise you about the Facebook information you will be sharing with the website and other Facebook users. You can then decide whether or not to share your Facebook information by using the website. If you decide not to grant permission you will not be able to use the website.
By granting permission you will be agreeing to share your Facebook user details (including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings) as well as the user details of your Facebook friends, and information about your use of the website, for example, the articles you are reading.
If you choose to post content or other data on the website, for example, by commenting on an article, this can be accessed by all of your Facebook friends.
If you decide not to share information with your Facebook friends about a particular article you have accessed you can make your reading private using the “remove from timeline” facility at the top of the article page.
Legal information and how to contact us
Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns.